Thursday, December 4, 2014

Album Ornaments

This afternoon I was trying to do some cleaning up in my office/sewing room.  When it was time to take a break I had just been stuffing tiny pieces of fabric into the bag for making ornaments.  Well... as long as they were in my hands...

I made a couple of ornaments using the Album block design from the Pond Dakota Album Quilt that I researched for the Bloomington Historical Society.  A little figuring, but they turned out Super Cute!

Ornaments: Sarah and John P. Williamson signature blocks
1893 Pond Dakota Album Quilt

Just three inches square,but not really difficult.  They are made quilt-as-you-go, using 1 inch by 2 inch strips and strip sets.

There is a holiday party at the Museum this weekend, so I think I'll be up late tonight making some as gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment