Thursday, December 25, 2014

Merry Christmas!

It was delightful to have our son and daughter-in-law over for dinner on Christmas Eve.  After midnight Mass we exchanged a few family gifts.  So, now I can share a photo of the T-shirt quilt for my son.

Lots of great memories from his college days sewn into this quilt.

I used polar fleece for the backing and it has no batting.  I'm getting more confident with my quilting, and did much denser quilting on this t-shirt quilt than I have in the previous ones I have made.   Most was done with the walking foot, but there are a couple blocks quilted in free-motion quilting.  I really love how it turned out, and my son loved it too!

Warm wishes to you and your family for a very Merry Christmas!




1 comment:

  1. I'll bet he loved it. The fleece was such a good idea too.

    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete