Saturday, January 3, 2015

Year End Review

Time to tally up and see what was accomplished in the quilt workroom in the year just past.

Most of the quilts can be seen if you click on the '2014 quilts' tab above.  I thought I'd let you do that if you're interested instead of making a very photo-heavy post.  Hope that's ok with you.

4 Queen size quilts:
Rhapsody in Bloom - wedding gift
Chinese Coins and Lanterns - wedding gift
Pond Dakota Album Quilt replica
Wedding Album - wedding gift

4 Baby and Lap quilts:
Sly Patch - gift 48 x 58
Rascal Patch - gift 48 x 58
Decade the Halls quilt along 62 x 71
Bricks and Stepping Stones - gift 58 x 72

13 Small quilts:
Disappearing 9-Patch from "Ribbons and Roses" orphan blocks 28"
Redwork Snowmen 22x27
Little Bear Paw 14"
Four Bear Paws 23"
Triple Square 14 x 20
Little three-inch 20x24
Valentine Spools 12"
Orphan Star 20"
Shamrocks 12"
Market Day 30"
Cypress 28"
State Fair 40"
Cascadia 19x22

3 table runners - gifts

Designed 4 styles of 3-inch Ornaments:
and made several of each as gifts
2 Hearts
Shamrock
Pumpkins
Album Block

9 finished tops not yet quilted:
Red white blue - lap quilt
Oklahoma Backroads -lap quilt (first finish of 2015!)
Sailing - small
Friends and Companions - 60"
Friends and Companions the musical - 60"
Autumn Friends and Companions -60"
Countdown to Christmas - wall hanging
Irish Puzzle - small
Celtic Solstice - Queen

This just counts the quilts I finished in 2014 - not any of the works-in-progress, or UFO's.  That's an entirely different list - and I'm not sharing that!  But all-in-all quite a bit was accomplished this year.

Yards purchased in 2014: 55 1/2
Yards used in 2014:  76
Stash reduction: 20 1/2 yards!!!
I think I'm most excited about using up 20 more yards than I purchased this year.  (at least as far as I kept count)  I really tried to keep my fabric purchases to just what I needed to finish up a project.  With very few exceptions, I really stuck with that this year.

I hope you will stick with me in 2015 and leave a comment when you stop by, so we can share with one another the fun we have when we get the chance to quilt awhile.


No comments:

Post a Comment