Saturday, January 31, 2015

January wrap-up

The first month of 2015 has flown past!  How are you doing on your New Year's Quilting Resolutions?  I'd call my progress "not too bad."  But then, I'm from Minnesota and that's what we say here for anything that's better than completely horrible.  Come to think of it, we even say that in the dead of winter when it's below freezing, as in:
Question:  How's the weather today?   Answer: Not too bad.  (sigh)

My goal is to get as many unquilted tops quilted and finished as I can this year.  I have way too many of them, and they're keeping me from feeling good about starting new and exciting projects.  So, let's see how I did.

Oklahoma Backroads and Ninepatch Rosegarden were quilted and bound!
Oklahoma Backroads  55x75 inches
It was so windy I couldn't get it to lay flat for a photo.

Ninepatch Rosegarden 25x25 inches


Starburst and Blue Disappearing 4-Patch small quilts were new projects and not UFO's, but are quilted, have their bindings on, and are ready to be hand sewn down at Historical Society events so that I have something to demonstrate.  Do they count as finished?  Almost.

I made progress on Countdown to Christmas and have the center portion quilted.  Borders still to be quilted with free motion stars when I get my courage up for that.

Two lap quilts are sandwiched, pin-basted and ready to quilt in February.

And as for my stash report:  10 yards of fabric purchased this year and 9 yards used.
Not too bad.

Linking up with Vicki and other quilters who are seriously working on their UFO's this year.  She asked if we had ever trashed a project that wasn't going well.  Sort of.  I had a quilt top that I finished and really didn't like it, so after an extended period of avoiding it, I donated it to a local church quilting group.  They were thrilled to have it.  One quilter's trash is another quilter's treasure I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment