Monday, February 2, 2015

Countdown Complete

Another UFO finished over the weekend!  In late fall 2013 Temecula Quilt Shop had a quilt-along for an adorable quilt she called Countdown to Christmas.  I enjoyed making the tiny 2-inch (finished) stars and four-patch blocks.  But there were way too many of them!  I ran out of ambition, (and 1 1/2 inch scraps)  so I finally just gave in and made up a 38x46 lap quilt using the blocks I had finished.  Better to have a finished quilt than another UFO, right?

Then it sat... and sat... while I tried to find borders that I liked, which ended up being navy with stars and red with stars.  It's finally finished!  I may gift this one to my Aunt who is in a nursing home.  In a strange twist of fate, though I live in Minnesota, my Aunt lives only about an hour's drive from the Temecula Quilt Shop in California!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Anything with stars just calls my name. Doesn't it feel so good to get those UFO's pushed out. I think you should schedule a visit with your Aunt!
    Always,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete