Monday, February 16, 2015

President's Day Red, White and Blue

Another UFO is quilted and bound!  This one was started in April 2013, so I've been working on it off and on for quite a while.  All that was left was binding and the machine embroidery eagle that I wanted to put in the center.  I finally made a decision on a grey binding fabric last night, and finished it up.
The backing is grey fleece, so it's lightweight and warm.
It's so much fun to use the embroidery feature on my Elna to quilt in special designs like this eagle.

The print fabric is deep stash that had been around for 20 years before I decided to use it.  But now it's ALL GONE.  It was leftover from making some Zuba style pants for my kids back when I was sewing most of their clothes.  Here's a photo of  my daughter wearing hers when she was 5 years old.  How time flies!
I just can't settle on a name for this quilt yet.  Maybe Red, White and Zuba?  Though it's actually Blue, White and the Zuba print, so... maybe not.  Any good ideas out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment