Sunday, February 22, 2015

Off on an adventure

Soon I'll be heading off on an adventure.  Hubby and I are planning a vacation to the San Diego area to visit relatives.  A cousin suggested a couple of wineries to visit in Temecula, CA.  Does that name sound familiar?  I have made up several of the free patterns that have been shared over the past few years by the Temecula Quilt Shop blog, and I don't think I can pass up the opportunity to stop in person!

Just for the record, there are the three quilts at my house that can trace their beginnings to that sweet little blog.
Temecula Blues 2013
which I believe was to celebrate the Quilt Shop's Anniversary

Countdown to Christmas -
a 2013 pattern that I finished last week
I made about half the blocks so it's smaller than the original pattern
Valentine Hugs and Kisses - Feb. 2015

If you enjoy English Paper Piecing, which I have to admit I've never tried, you should skip over to Sheryl's blog.  She is in the midst of a lovely series of blocks made with that method.  And, of course, her Little Letters alphabet series was extremely popular last year according to the number of times I saw those adorable pieced blocks on various blogs that I visit.  That one is on my wish list!




No comments:

Post a Comment