Saturday, January 20, 2018

2017 Year-end wrap-up

Time to take stock of what got done when I had time to Quilt Awhile this past year.

The fabric stash was decreased - at least I think so.  From what I kept track of, it looks like I used up 80 yards of fabric and only bought 49 yards.  A concentrated effort was made to shop my stash first, and only buy what I need to complete a specific project.  Did pretty well until the end of the year sales. (sigh)  But, it is the first year I've had a net decrease in yardage since I started keeping track.  Hooray!

My best UFO accomplishments were to finally quilt up two of my Bonnie Hunter queen quilt tops from previous years, and finish piecing the queen size Calendar quilt top started years ago.

My new skill for the year was to make two wall hangings with wool applique.  I'd never tried that before.  (There's one more in progress, but I've stalled out for now.)

Completed quilts:
4 Queen or larger:  Three Bonnie Hunter designs were quilted and finished this year -Easy Street,  Celtic Solstice, Alietare
In addition, there was a flannel and denim quilt for my DD and SIL that was at least Queen, maybe King.  It sure seemed like a beast going through my DSM.

3 Lap Quilts:  Courthouse Stars, Medallion sew-along, and the State Parks bed runner.

1 Baby Quilt: State Parks

2 sets of 4 placemats:  Halloween/autumn, Let it Snow (Christmas gift)

But it must have been the year for table runners and wall hangings.

5 Table Runners:  Vertical and Horizontal Garden Baskets (one a gift), Birthday, LeDuc Bunnies, and the pink one from the thrift store pants.  (I still haven't named that one but it turned out so much better than it sounds. ha!)

6 Doll and Mini Quilts: Log Cabin mini, Striped sashing doll quilt (gift), two Lighthouse wall hangings (one a gift and one for me), Palmateer Point doll quilt, Tulip mini.

5 Wall hangings and Table Toppers:  Blackbird Gathering, White table topper (gift), Green table topper (gift), Spirit of America (gift),  July leftovers.

2017 also saw the completion of a couple of pieced tops:
2 Queen: Charlotte's Baskets and Calendar row-by-row
1 Mini: Crow's Foot

That may not be all of them, but it's all I can come up with for now.  All in all, a pretty productive year for quilting. Thanks for all the times you've stopped by my blog this year, and all your encouragement.  Love to read your comments!  Here's to another year ahead of quilting fun together!

No comments:

Post a Comment