Friday, January 19, 2018

Crow's Foot

Crow's Foot - 21 inches square
On Ringo Lake is coming along, but I never can work on just one quilt project at a time.  Just need to mix it up a little, you know? 

Kathleen Tracy makes such adorable small quilts, and every month she puts out a challenge to sew along on one of her designs.  January 2018 is Crow's Foot from her book Small and Scrappy. 

Looking at her quilt, I decided that the border piece would actually determine the rest of the quilt fabrics.  There was a 14 inch striped piece in my scrap bin that was from some fabric samples gifted to me at least 20 years ago.  Perfect!  Then, time to do some math so that it could ALL be used up.  The main blocks were made a bit larger than Kathleen's pattern to make it all work out. The colors are deep dark blue and a rosy mauve.  Kathleen's small quilt finished at 15.5 inches and mine is 21 inches.

The weather cooperated, so I snapped a quick photo outdoors.  Then, off to sandwich and quilt.  The hand stitching on the binding is all that's left now.  Hopefully it will be my first finish of 2018!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment