Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Stars on the Design Wall


This week I have Kathleen Tracy's Civil Wars Stars Doll Quilt on my design wall.  Don't know what it is with Flying Geese, but they always get a little wonky for me. (sigh)  Especially the little ones like this.  The blocks are cut 1 1/2 inches, which are really small for me to work with.

There are a few blocks on the wall and I have a few more lined up on the machine, cut and ready to sew.

I spent yesterday laying out and pinning up the Mystery Quilt 6.  That was a big job!  Had to move most of the living room furniture and roll up the area rug to make space to lay it out flat.  But, now it's ready to machine quilt and the dining room table is cleared off to work on.  The larger area helps support a big quilt like this one.  Next step to decide on a quilting design. 

In the mean time I'll dally with the Civil War Stars.  Can you say "procrastinate...??"

Linking up on Tuesday - better late than never - for Design Wall Monday with Judy at Patchwork Times.

Thanks for stopping in.  Hope you have time to Quilt Awhile this week.

Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment