Thursday, June 21, 2012

Summer Sunflowers

What better way to celebrate the first day of Summer than to change the quilt on our bed to Summer Sunflowers!  According to my notes I finished this July 21, 2005 and the pattern came from the Holiday Crafts Magazine/ Better Homes and Gardens Fall/Winter 1996. 

The sunflower centers are one inch blocks in all kinds of browns and dark golds, pieced, then cut in a circle and appliqued over the petals.  The flower petals are Dresden Plate.  This is the only quilt I ever put prairie points around the edge.  The red sunflower fabric I originally purchased to make a dress for our daughter when she was 7 or 8 years old, but I never got around to making that dress.  Suddenly, it seemed, she grew up.  By the time she was in High School I figured I cold do something else with that fabric. 

Do you change the quilts in your home to celebrate the seasons? What quilt is on your bed to celebrate summer this year?

Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment