Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Carried away by UFO's

Several unfinished projects (ufo's) came with me to the Lake last week.  It was relaxing to spend time piecing together and playing with fabrics set aside long ago.

First on the agenda was to stitch together some Oklahoma Backroads blocks that were created from a Leader/Ender project.  I had made 24 blocks and it will make a nice lap size quilt for watching television when it's all quilted up.  The pattern is free on Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville page.
Oklahoma Backroads lap quilt
The next project was inspired by Kathleen Tracy.  She shared a photo of a small signature quilt and it has such a sweet verse on it.  I need to make a quilt for a door prize at our Lake Association Picnic and perhaps this larger version will work.  My sister says that it looks like little sailboats.  Which way should I put the writing?  Colored sails up?  or White sails up?  


No comments:

Post a Comment