Monday, April 23, 2012

Design Wall Monday

This weekend I worked on my Just Takes 2 green and white sampler quilt.  Blocks 15, 16 and 17 are done!   I had to do a bit of improvising on the basket block.  The side background pieces were too narrow, and I removed them to add wider pieces to make the block come out the right size.  I also did a few simpler blocks, so the checkerboard Blocks 28, 31and 32 are also done.  The big Feathered Star needs to be next, but I'm kind of afraid to tackle it.  Perhaps this week I'll take the plunge.  The paper piecing went a little better this weekend.  I think I only had to rip out one or two pieces per block instead of nearly every piece, which happened the previous weekend.

Also on my 'to do' list this week is to finish quilting and put binding on the table runner put together last Thursday from some Orphan blocks which came from Shirley, who was my dear friend's mother.  The pattern is Doe and Darts, and Shirley had made these three blocks.  Some of the pieces are hand pieced, and other parts are machine pieced.  She was probably auditioning colors in different places before making a bed sized quilt of this pattern.  I replaced the center square in one block so that two blocks matched, and put the third block in the center.   I had a bit of darker teal in my stash and cut the binding from that to give the quilt a frame.  It doesn't match anything in my home, but it is fun to see a project finished.

I really enjoy seeing what other quilters are working on by linking up with Judy's Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times.

1 comment:

  1. The sampler is really great and i love your crisp pieces. I have times when paper piecing that it all goes horribly wrong.

    The runner is very soft and sweet, It is great to have things finished.

    ReplyDelete