Monday, April 30, 2012

Monday Beginnings

Monday already and a whole new week ahead!  It seems that I just can't stop finding new and interesting quilt projects on the internet.  I just can't stop beginning new projects!

This week it's Quilters Club of America's new Mystery Quilt IV.  It looked very easy, and my gallon bag of 2 1/2 inch scrap blocks is way overflowing, so I started making the step 1 four-patch blocks as leaders and enders as I sewed other projects.  I have them grouped in safety pins of 10 blocks so I don't have to keep re-counting them. 

I have yet to select the background color.  I need 2 1/2 yards, and don't really have much in my neutrals with that quantity.  I think a very light grey would look nice but I don't have any, or maybe just muslin since it's really scrappy. I might have enough of that.

I love to see what everyone else is working on and am linking up to Patchwork Times Design Wall Monday.    Thanks for stoppin by!  Hope you have the chance to Quilt Awhile this week.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you have the beginnings of a fun new scrappy quilt. There never seem to be enough neutrals to go with all the other colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the little blocks and I hope you find just the right background. I never have any neutrals either.

    ReplyDelete