Friday, April 27, 2012

Friday Finale

It took two days, and no small amout of seam ripping.  (I followed the directions and joined all my half square triangles in the same direction when they should have been half one way and half the other.)  But the large Feathered Star block from Just Takes 2's sampler quilt in red and white is finished!  No, you are not suddenly color blind.  I'm making my version in green and white. I just couldn't find the right red.  I was procrastinating on this block because it looks so complex, but it really wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.

I spent my procrastination time making up this little quilt top.  It's from ... hmm, well I jotted down the website to share with you and can't locate it at the moment.  I'll update as soon as I get my desk cleared off.  I think the gold binding will look nice, but I think I'm about 6 inches short.  I'll have to dig around and see if I can come up with a bit more.

This morning I quilted up the Four Patch I made earlier in the week from Shirley's leftover fabric ends.  The cable on the inner border is now a new favorite for me.  It worked quite well.
And, I quilted and put binding on this table runner made from three of Shirley's orphan blocks I showed you earlier too.  I practiced free motion feather quilting in the borders, but it's impossible to see against the print.  Probably a good thing considering my skill level at that! 

I've enjoyed linking up with crazymomquilts to see what everyone else is doing, and I've loved getting your encouraging comments.  I'll miss it since she has said she'll be too busy over the summer to host the linkup.  I'd be willing to try and learn how to add the linkup so we can continue over the summer.  Leave a message if you would participate, and if there is enough interest I'd give it a try.
Happy Weekend!
Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment