Monday, June 1, 2015

A puzzle to solve

As I mentioned before, I'm currently playing with some scraps from my friend's mother, Shirley.  Two small Roman Stripe quilt tops are in process, and looking good.  Here's what's leftover...the cut off ends of her strip sets.
'Black' triangles: three in one direction and two in the other.
'Red' triangles: 12 in one direction and 10 in the other.
Plus, they're in three different sizes.
I tried out pinwheels and prefer the 'dark in the center' ones, but I also like the idea of cutting these triangles in half and making striped Flying Geese (center and lower right).  The Geese would be 2.5 x 5 inches maximum, and would not all have the stripes in the same order.  I could add them into a border on the larger Roman Stripe top.

I'm looking for more ideas. It's a puzzle!  Whatever I do, some will be 'lefties' and others 'righties.'  They can't be made all the same.  What would you do with them? 

2 comments:

  1. I'm completely stumped as to how to use them, but the pinwheels look very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me of a baby quilt I made once with leftovers - I made various pinwheels. I wonder how it would look if you added white triangles to make Geese and set them in rows of varying widths? Have you already made a decision?

    ReplyDelete