Thursday, June 25, 2015

Quilting Along

Not much to show yet, but I'm doing my happy dance.  I finished quilting the top of Lazy Sunday.  Woo Hoo!  There are just borders left to figure out.  Photos coming soon I hope.
These two look dark compared to the rest.

As a break from quilting I've been cutting and piecing this week's Summer Sew Along blocks from Temecula Quilt Co.  I'm at the point in this project where I stop following directions.  Well, I didn't really follow them from the start, because my blocks are 6 inches instead of 4 inches.... but that's not really a big change is it?

Same blocks, but a lighter look.
So far, most of the blocks have had a light background and one color.  I really am liking that look on my design wall!  The alternate blocks will be a medium blue which will make the light sampler blocks really shine.

One block in each of the past two weeks looks very dark compared with the rest.  I've decided to make them over so they are lighter.  And a couple blocks, like Snowball and Flying Geese, may look out of proportion in the 6-inch block size, so I'm playing with those a bit too.

1 comment:

  1. Your blocks look great! I've been doing a little cheating too, and using other cutting strategies to make them easier to piece--at least for me--lol!

    ReplyDelete