Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Beautiful Leaves




Autumn Leaves block
With the coming of Autumn it seems appropriate to make Autumn Leaves blocks.  Aren't they cute?  It's perfect to put in the little quilt I've been working on this week. It's a five patch block and I added a border to match the alphabet blocks. 
Our family name is French Canadian, and means 'beautiful leaves.'  So of course I had to include some leaves in the alphabet quilt I'm making.

I only have borders left.  If I put a 3 inch border all around it will be 37 inches, and the backing can be cut from one piece of fabric.  I just have to decide on a color.  Time to search the stash!

If you want to make a wall hanging or a quilt with your family name, the alphabet instructions are on Quilts by Cheri.

No comments:

Post a Comment