Monday, November 19, 2012

Dresden Turkey

Thanksgiving week already!  My design wall is in the spirit of the holiday this week with Dresden Turkeys. 

The pattern is from Lyn Brown and was published in her blog November 2011, but I can't seem to find the link today.  It is part of a quilt her classes were doing then as a challenge.  It's a row quilt, and each row highlights a different month of the year.  Dresden Turkeys, of course, were for November.  To make her challenge even more difficult, she suggested doing the quilt in a monochromatic scheme.  It was lovely, but I didn't have enough fabrics on the same color family, so I just decided to give it a try in whatever scrappy colors I had. 

I'm not too far on the project.  I have all the fabrics pulled and put into a box.  I use those 12x12 plastic scrapbooking boxes and love them.   My scrapbooking daughter got me on to the idea.  They hold a 12 inch quilt block flat, and I love that.

July flags are finished, and now the November turkeys are finished too.  August sailboats are cut out and ready to applique, as are the baskets for April.  Half the rows are applique and the other half pieced. 

I love this time of year!  One of the sayings I have tried to live by is "Give Thanks, and in all things be grateful."  I have it up on my kitchen wall so I can be reminded daily how blessed I have been, and how important it is for me to be thankful.  To be thankful for Faith, Family and Friends is a given.  But I am also thankful for you, your support and encouragement in quilting, and for all the wonderful quilters who so freely share their designs and talent with me and other quilters through this amazing thing called the internet.  (oops, showing my age there I think) 

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times.

1 comment:

  1. Dresden turkeys! What a fabulous idea!!! I like that you've made these in a scrappy manner instead of monochromatic. The row quilt for the 12 months of the year sounds fun. Happy Thanksgiving:)

    ReplyDelete