Friday, December 14, 2012

12 Quilts of Christmas: Tall Pine Tree

Apparently 1995 was Christmas Quilt year at our house.  Here's another quilt made that year which I've used at Christmas on our bed.

Tall Pine Tree reminds me of snowy days and the pine woods of Minnesota at Christmastime.

I started Tall Pine Tree back in 1986 or so and planned it as our wedding quilt.  But, I after getting some of the pieces cut out, I ran out of time.  So, my dear friend offered to work on it for me as a wedding gift.  She did get quite a bit done, but it sat in her UFO pile for a long time.  Four children kept her busy, and I had other quilts so I didn't really miss it.  Finally, she was moving and it was re-discovered.  The blocks came back to me and I finished the quilt in 1995! 

No comments:

Post a Comment