Tuesday, December 11, 2012

I have mail!

Today there was a package in the mailbox for me.  I don't usually squeal with delight, but you should have heard me today!  It feels like Santa came early to our house!

The package was from none other than Vicki Welsh at Field Trips in Fiber.  She and Judy Laquidara at Patchwork Times have been having fun selecting a color palette each month this past year and challenging quilters to make something using those colors.  It's been a lot of fun, and I was able to play along a couple of months this year. 

In November I made a small quilt that used the colors from their challenge.  I wrote about it and there's a link to the free pattern here.  Here's how it turned out:

I linked up a photo at the end of the month just because I was so excited that I was able to finish the challenge on time - plus I love how the colors turned out.  I wasn't even thinking about entering a contest or winning a prize. Was I ever surprised to find out that they drew my name to win a pack of Vicki's hand dyed fabric!  It's my first 'prize winning' quilt!  (snicker) 

Looking through all the beautiful fabric choices at vickiwelsh.etsy.com was a delight, and it was nearly impossible to choose.  But with some help from my daughter I finally chose Makassar.

The package came today.  Three beautiful rich blues!


Now I have to decide what to make.   I've never used hand dyed fabric before.  But, I know this needs to go into something special. On my 'quilty bucket list' is an Ocean Waves quilt.  So many possibilities......

Thank you, Thank you to Vicki and to Judy.  What a wonderful Christmas surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment