Friday, December 21, 2012

Redwork Snowman

It's been a busy week just before Christmas, but I did sneak some time to quilt awhile. 

I've been having fun trying out the embroidery option on my new Elna.  Simple redwork seemed to be a good way to start.  No color changes and no heavily embroidered areas to pucker up on me.  I started by putting designs on dish towels to give as hostess gifts for Holiday parties.

Then I branched out a bit and did some redwork on some muslin squares that I had leftover from a time when I had great ambitions to make a cathedral window quilt. (Which eventually became a set of placemats and lots of unused muslin squares.)

Anyway, a quilt pattern in  Country Quilts for Friends by Margaret Peters & Anne Sutton caught my eye, and I was off and sewing.  Can you recognize the red fabric?  That's from my de-constructed first Christmas quilt which I wrote about a few days ago.

The snowman motif is from Dakota Collectibles CD: Quilt Stitching.  A couple other favorites are an angel trumpeter motif and an ornament motif that was free to download from  embroiderydesigns.com. They let you download three free patterns per week - no purchase necessary.  Free is my price point!!!


Stop by and see the beautiful Christmas tree quilts at:
http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com/2012/12/finish-it-up-friday-122112.html
and
http://confessionsofafabricaddict.blogspot.com/2012/12/can-i-get-whoop-whoop-o-christmas-tree.html

3 comments: