Saturday, December 1, 2012

Modern Rails

This quick little quilt was just the thing to use up some one-inch strips that had accumulated in my scrap bags.  Now, I have no idea why I started saving strips so small.  I'm not typically one to use them in anything.  Too small and fussy - and the likelyhood of things not matching when they go together is HUGE.

This quilt called 'Modern Rails' from Lyn Brown is perfect!  There are no seams to match with the little blocks and it went together quickly.    You can find the pattern by clicking here.

I've just got the main field of the top finished.  It probably needs another border, but I'm not sure what color.  Any suggestions?  The grey is all used up, and the rest were just tiny bits of scraps.  I might have to (gasp!) go to the fabric store and buy some fabric to finish it up.

I'm going to use it as my November color project so I'm linking up with Patchwork Times to show it off.  If you've come from there, thanks for stopping in!  If not, hop over and see what some of the other quilters have made.  It's well worth a visit!

1 comment:

  1. Real cute and I love that you used up those tiny scraps. I think it looks good as is with just a binding in the same green as the inner border.

    ReplyDelete