Monday, January 7, 2013

First finish of the year!



Here's today's finish.  The color combination turned out quite nicely - very woodsy and a little masculine in spite of a few peachy florals.  It will go on the day bed at the lake cabin.  It's one row wider than the original pattern so it can easily drape over the bolsters on the day bed.

The pattern was very easy to put together.  The block color placement is designed to be random, which made it fun to see how it all came together.   (By the way, that's a plant leaf or two in the lower left & not part of the border.)

It might be a good pattern for quilts for my great-nieces.  I have an assortment of pinks and greens to work with.  Here's the post with the fabric photos.  The quilts would be the same pattern, but colors would fall in different places in each one.  So the quilts would each have a different 'personality', just like the girls.

Haven't thought of a name for this one yet.  'Mystery Quilt 7' sounds too dull.  The original was subtitled "Nana's Surprise" which is fine except I'm not a 'Nana' - and won't be for a while yet.  I like the french horn block that ended up in the middle.  Usually as I'm working on a quilt a name comes to me, but this one just isn't speaking to me yet.  Might need a little help.....

No comments:

Post a Comment