Borders are on the little red/white/blue quilt which I first wrote about here last April.
This one has been difficult because I just couldn't come up with fabrics that were right for the borders. Then, Celtic Solstice came along and I found that one of the orange/reds purchased for CS is just the right shade of red for one of the borders. So glad there was plenty left over! The other borders are solid grey and navy with white stars.
It could have been a Quilt of Valor except that I don't use 'quality' enough fabrics for them. Still, I might give it to my neighbor's son who is serving in the Marine Reserve.
At any rate, another flimsy finish for 2014 and into the quilting pile it goes! It finished at 43x58 and I think I'll just use some grey fleece for the backing. Still haven't come up with a name for this one. Some quilts just like to be difficult I think.
Hmm... good thing I took a photo and posted it. I see a HST block in the lower left corner that is turned the wrong way! Better get that fixed up.
Stash Report: Between borders on two small quilts and cutting pieces for Celtic Solstice, I've cut and pieced 4 yards this week.