Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Year end review 2013

Looks like I've certainly been able to quilt awhile this past year.  It's surprising how much quilting got done - and I suppose that translates to how little else got done!  Over 150 yards of fabric has been used!

Here's a list of my 27 completed quilts for this past year:
2 queen size:  Nana's Surprise, mystery quilt #7 from Quilter's Club of America
and Celtic Square Wedding quilt for John and Sarah
2 full size:  Audrey's Surprise and Izzy's Surprise for my great nieces
7 lap/baby quilts:  Basket of Figs, Temicula Blues, Starlight/Grandfather's Star, Red White & Blueberry, Midnight Flight, Via Air Mail for the lake association door prize, and Wonky Stars donated to a fundraiser for a little boy with kidney cancer.
4 table runners: Redwork, Red flowers, Churn Dash, and Irish Tea which was a gift to a friend.
12 small quilts or wall hangings: Abundance, Simply Sweet, Hat Trick, Vintage Green & Grapes, Betty's Choice, Autumn Mystery, Nabby's Dowry, 2 Halloween Pumpkins, Kings Highway, Be My Valentine, Sweet Pea.

Then there are the quilts I started in 2013 but aren't finished yet.  So I need to look forward to 2014 and finishing up some of these works-in-progress:
Sandwiched and ready to quilt:
Decade the Halls - twin
Chinese Coins queen wedding gift for a June wedding
Finished tops ready to be sandwiched and quilted: 
Album reproduction for the historical society - queen
Easy Street - queen
Lazy Sunday - queen
Christmas Redwork - twin
Bricks and Stepping Stones - twin
and two small table toppers
Still piecing:
Love in Bloom  wedding quilt for a May wedding - queen
Anniversary Quilt  blocks completed, ready to add sashing - queen
RWB quilt  needs borders - lap size
Little Countdown to Christmas - wall hanging needs borders
Celtic Solstice Mystery still cutting, piecing and getting clues- queen
Monthly Row by Row - two months completed - queen

I won't even begin to list the UFO's that are around, but there are at least a dozen projects on the list. (A project doesn't make UFO status until I haven't worked on it for a year.)

It's been a wonderful quilty year, and I'm so glad that you've shared it with me.  Thanks for visiting QuiltAwhile and for your encouragement and kind comments.  Hope you'll continue to stop in from time to time and check on my progress.

Have a very Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. A busy quilter you have been! I'm looking forward to seeing your Lazy Sunday finished - happy quilting in 2014 :)

    ReplyDelete